BSNL’s Mobile Tower Project all over North East India being taken away by VNL

Discussion in 'Arunachal Pradesh' started by technicalwriter, Apr 28, 2017.

Rate this thread:
/5,
  1. te

    technicalwriter Member
    8/12

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2017
    Messages:
    31
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Chennai
    BSNL’s Mobile Tower Project all over North East India being taken away by VNL

    Telecom world’s best state-run expert Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has given away the mobile tower and infrastructure project in an auction event to the native- developed telecom manufacturer of equipments Vihaan Networks Limited with the lowest bidding of under Rs.1648 crores to enable and enhance the connectivity growth inside and around villages (nearly above 4000) and remote regions of North East India – Arunachal Pradesh and Assam.
    upload_2017-4-28_21-56-38.jpeg

    Recently, customers are under the complaining mode of low connectivity around these regions. This connectivity project is half of the Rs.5336.18 crores worth Comprehensive Telecom Development Plan for North-Eastern Region (NER) including 8 states approved by the Union Cabinet in September 2014. The telecom department aims to render mobile cover-up in 8621 unconnected villages and smoothly continuous cover-up along National Highways in the NER through 6673 towers and to be funded from the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).

    VNL rose as the first lowest bidder in the tender for the first phase of work and obtained the whole of Arunachal Pradesh (70% share) of the North East mobile connectivity. Remaining 30% would be provided to the second lowest bidder HCFL with 20% price difference at Rs.1970 crores. Infrastructures by VNL will be across Arunachal Pradesh whereas HCFL in two districts of Assam- Karbi Anglong and Dima Haso. Totally 2817 sites (around 1893 mobile towers)are targeted to be set up to cover 4118 remote villages and tough terrains in Arunachal Pradesh and two districts of Assam with the aid of native infrastructure developing technology under the first phase. VNL has great reputations for completing a BSNL project of infrastructure make-up in LWE terrain areas successfully, now providing unquestionable voice and data connectivity. As a new venture, VNL is planning to use the patented technology to construct Green Mobile and solar power for fuel which is more eco-friendly and power conservative.
     
  2. Ja

    Jasmine New Member
    1/6

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2017
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    appreciable venture, but it is only limited. Jio 4G connectivity is available and best in the northeastern regions of India. Recently Vodafone 4G network is also available.
     
  3. Sh

    Sherin New Member
    1/6

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2017
    Messages:
    14
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    yes, i agree
     
  4. Fe

    Fernandes New Member
    0/6

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2017
    Messages:
    11
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Reliance jio is superb and a pro
     
Rate this thread:
/5,

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 0 (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Share This Page